Creative Challenge 14
You already know what it is. We're doing the one-liner challenge. Draw 6 things with just one line. (No lifting of the pen)
I've done something similar already with CC11. I've always preferred drawing with pens, so this felt very natural.
Now, for the drawing itself, the 6 subjects are
- stick man
- apple
- skyscraper
- sunset
- virus
- bus stop
The pen I used was droopy, so you can see when I paused to think for the next bit. I found that I drew a different virus than I originally intended to. I realized that if I had done what I had in mind originally, it would have looked too close to the sun. The limitation caused me to change what I wanted to draw. (and that's okay) I already love using limitations, but this exercise aims to demonstrate how they can aid the creative process.
Extra Bit- A limitation that I'm very fond of is color limits. There are color filters that do this automatically, such as posterize. But I find myself hating the ugly grays that posterize gives. A fix that I've implemented is to separate an image into HSL. (Hue, Sat, Lightness/ or HSB) And only applying posterize to any of these channels. And combining the channels back together. Keeping in mind how clear I want the final image to be.

Comments
Post a Comment