Graphic Design Theory Project 3: Passion Collage
This week’s project was to create a collage about our interests. At first, I tried to focus on one thing, but it wasn’t going anywhere. Then I realized there was actually one thread tying it all together: I love jank. Digital jank, 3D jank, awkward gradients, broken models. The stuff that makes me smile. So instead of aiming for something sleek, I embraced the messy side of design. (my mind in this case lol)
Here are some broad pointers
3D text: Prior magazine ad I created for an earlier project had this in it. The whole creation process was just cursed, but I love it.
Valve gear: I created it through a series of awful manipulations until it looked good enough to keep.
Screaming head: a screenshot from a game I played with my friend. When the character looked up while talking, the model broke in the worst way, and I couldn’t stop laughing at it.
Minecraft: First janky game I ever played that allowed me to express myself creatively
Satisfactory: The newest addition to my repertoire and current obsession.
It’s chaotic, imperfect, and highlights what I love about digital art: the rough edges. Sidenote, I wanted this piece to be a bit messy because my next project will be the opposite. This collage helped me get all the chaos out of my system first. So yeah, that’s my collage. It’s intentionally jank. (but chill becuase im a chill dude)

Comments
Post a Comment