Creative Challenge 27
So I wanted to spice things up by doing a writing challenge. I have 10 minutes and need to use a starter prompt. The one I got is "She'd never done this before, but..." I'm not a fast writer, so hopefully this is fun lol.
ahem-
She'd never done this before, but the way her eyes glowed tells me she'd been thinking of this for a while. The way she stood. The sharp gaze she gave me. Everything just seemed like it was destined to happen. I wonder if I had done something else, would life have been any different? What path did I take that led me to this pit?
That moment felt like it lasted forever. She's gone now, and nothing is the same. Time just jumps now. It feels like I'm skipping a movie to get to the ending. The days blend together, and I sit there. If only I could go back. Back to before everything went so wrong. Could I even do better? Would I even be the same person? Yes, it would all be better, but we don't live in a world with do-overs. I think that this is best for me. Maybe I need to learn to love myself. No. I need to love myself. If not, this cycle will never end. Going through the motions will keep me in the same square. My-*
The TIMER RAN out. Omg, that was not something I was expecting to come out from me. Honestly, I'm glad that it ended on a good note. If it ended any sooner, I think I would get some concerned looks. The whole exercise I felt like I got to a state of just letting this come out without questioning it. Reading back on this, I was definitely pulling inspiration from "Everything Everywhere All at Once." I loved that movie deeply, and I think it has affected the way I think. It just screams HOPE. But yeah, let me know what y'all think.
Comments
Post a Comment