Digital Photography: Seeing the Elements of Design
Format: Weird one. Was trying to play with cropping. to make a new meaning. The change from road to grass was what I came up with.
Line: Power lines. It's in the name. Was going to do a wood floor, but I want to do something outside.
Shape: I think everything has an interesting shape, so I kind of just try to make new ones with overlap or crop.
Value: I knew I wanted to do a shadow shot, but I found them to come off as too soft. So I thought about taking a picture from the shadow POV to emulate it.
Texture: I just thought about textures used for 3D models and how they are flat in pictures. So I went around and looked for interesting textures around me. The uncropped version could be used for a mask.
Color: I tried to limit myself to a monochromatic palette. Grass would have been easy, so I tried looking for leaves or a brick wall. I found a nice patch of foliage.
Photography does not come naturally to me, but it's very interesting. It forces me to actually see the lines, the textures, and the weird little details until something clicks. Playing with shape, value, and color isn’t just an assignment; it’s practice in noticing.
I also found some of the imperfect shots say more than the “good” ones. So I’ll keep looking, framing, and pushing until something unexpected shows up.





Comments
Post a Comment