Digital Photography: Applying the Rules of Composition

Vertical Alignment: I sure did align vertical stuff. I like this because aligning straight things on camera seems easy at first, but everything is being bent based on your focal length. If you want a true straight lines, you have to shoot with a higher focal length and deal with a flatter image.


Rule of Odds: Could be size or color as well (it doesn't matter). You can make it work; it's just a balancing act.


Golden Ratio *attempt* I found this one to be the hardest for me to do. Genuinely, this is my best attempt at the golden ratio.


Frame within a Frame: I had a few of these, but I felt this had the strongest case of it. I also love the contrast of the dark interior and the colorful outside.


Negative space: if it wasn't obvious, this has been my favorite by far. It's so easy to use the sky as negative space.




Comments

Popular Posts