Graphic Design Theory Project 4: Travel Poster
We've got little time left; gotta do three more. Today, we tackle a travel poster. I wanted to do a river in Puerto Rico. Everyone likes to talk about the beaches and the culture. I'm in it for the sick rivers. The fauna and land formations create the most beautiful formations, and I genuinely miss that. The first issue I encountered was that I was unable to find a high-quality image for any of the rivers. (Next time I visit, I will make sure to take pictures.) So I tried to learn how to mask the image's size that I found. I didn't want to just blur; I want some definition. A painting effect would look amazing and give the mind more to dream about. So, I add dots and a Cyrillic effect, and use blending modes to each, so the effect isn't by itself.
How would my attention be grabbed? I thought about how light wraps around objects in photos; they have a nice glow that isn't visible to the naked eye. I think about all the pictures I've taken during my early years in PR, and everything just had that distinct glow. How long ago that was, and how dream-like my memory of such a place. With all the nonsense that goes around in my head, I quickly created this poster.
I went with a minimal poster and made it as quickly as possible. This was my fastest turnaround, taking just about 3 hours from concept to post. As I post this, I keep thinking about how I could improve it, but I have three other things to do and I shouldn't waste my time, especially now. (I think I should have lowered the discover text a bit more.)

Comments
Post a Comment