Graphic Design Theory Project 2: Three color Poster

Yet another straightforward task. "Create an 8.5 x 11-inch flyer at 150 ppi in Photoshop for an upcoming party or community event. You are allowed to use three colors (black counts as a color, but you can change the saturation and brightness within the same hue) and one typeface family (you can change style, color, and size). If you use images, ensure they conform to the color limits."

My main struggle was finding something I could make a poster for. A lot of the things in my area didn't feel appropriate or were broad. By the end, I noticed a name that kept reappearing. "Saturday Shopper"

Food, fun, and family. I thought of doing the Taco takeover since the recent oranges and yellows I've been doing were the most fitting for it. And came to this.


Found a San-sarif Latin-based font that had a hard shell taco vibe (with its rough edges and HUGE family [felt like a no-brainer choice]), I wanted to avoid black and gradients, despite it being allowed in the rules, it felt like a waste of a color. I focus more on the name and layout, while also keeping kerning and contrast in mind. The background is to add a bit of texture and not bring too much attention to itself. Trying to have a completely different look from the official poster. I've been falling in love with the Z-pattern and being a little weird with my placement. Here is a halfway pic. 


Hated how top-heavy it felt. Had to let it sit in the background for a minute to rethink without redoing the whole thing from scratch. I think I recovered it well. 

Comments

Popular Posts