Graphic Design Theory Project 1

The task was straightforward. Create a 3.5 in x 2 in business card for myself using Photoshop. I'm yet to identify/finalize what I want people to picture me as. I tend to be weird, so my first thought was a picture of concrete with fake chisels of my info. (What can I say, I love brutalism) But then I thought that it should be more inviting. (This would also make the project harder and more fun)

In class, we had every line aligned to the left. I had some business cards that already do this in my possession, so I went and grabbed them to get a feel. As I hold it up, I realize that my big, fat thumb covers most of the information. So my layout is just avoiding my thumb.

Wild line to fit my wild personality, but make it yellow for inviting vibes and blue for professional vibes. I hate it. So I went back to the colors to find a more visually pleasing card. I toned down the neon yellow and brought it closer to an orange. The blue didn't look nice with said orange, so. I swapped it with a red and zoomed in on the line. I didn't like the white background, so I thought of making it the opposite side of the color wheel. (making this a split complimenty) making the saturation lower so it contrasts more with the semi-bold line in the middle.


I'm not happy with any of these and will be coming back to this later on. I think my lack of knowledge of fonts is really holding me back. I tried experimenting, but I ultimately stuck with Sans Sarif fonts. I have done more with kerning, though, so that is one step. This design won't hold up when I replace the email with the real one. Why was I cursed with a long name? 

Comments

Popular Posts