"Sell Yourself"

 I had to watch 5 resume videos and note down 10 things I've learned

Sources I used

How to Write a Resume That Stands Out

Tips For How To Write A Better Resume (From A Recruiter’s Perspective)

Write an Incredible Resume: 5 Golden Rules

Resume Tips: Avoid These 8 Mistakes

How to Make a Resume with No Experience


10 things I learned:

 Aim for about 475-600 words without missing the important parts.

Customize each time. Align with the role and mirror the keywords from the job post.

Lead bullets with an action verb and end with a clear result. Numbers help.

Do not recycle the same resume. Update with new experience.

Design should disappear. Clean layout. Simple fonts. Consistent spacing. Let content do the work.

Put a LinkedIn or portfolio link near your name.

Early career? = Use Education as experience

Trade buzzwords/fluff for concrete details.

No experience != no value. Show scope/tools/outcomes from personal work.

A brief summary at the top helps the reader understand who you are.

Comments

Popular Posts