Beginning My Search

 For my portfolio class, I had to find alternative names or jobs for a graphic designer. After doing so, I got to list 10 that I would be interested in. The said list is:

Game artist: I'm a gamer? I would be happy if my hobby of art could be combined with my pastime.

3D Environmental Designer: I like 3D, and I do this kind of stuff just to learn. I know we don't learn about 3D much in class, but I feel it falls under my "digital art love" umbrella.

Surface Pattern Designer: Little drawing that repeats? EASY and Fun. I saw an example and I was like, "Oh." It's an extension of my skill in 3D textures. (Weird connection, but hear me out.) I need to create a seamless image. Or make a thing that repeats in a pattern? I do this for small details in my renders. Such as LCD pixels on a monitor. Expanding it to not follow a grid pattern. (That seems like a valuable skill to do this job)

Video Editor: One of the things I did in my free time. It could be just cuts or effects.  It's a lot of fun, and I would be happy to apply my skills to a real job.

Photo Editor: This would be the easiest thing. I like photobashing images together. I find editing a single image easier than video editing, but it could get boring after a while. (I have never done work for this, so these are just my guesses)

Album Cover Designer: Photo Editor on crack? Yes please. And yeah, I would have to follow a musician's order, but I can see this being more enjoyable than editing someone out of a photo.

Magazine designer: I had so much fun making the layout of my story. I didn't think I would enjoy it as much, but God, I was thrilled with what I created. I can picture having even more fun just doing the design and less writing lol.

Social Media Manager: I don't like posting social media posts for myself. However, I do understand the concept of a company doing this. (Does this lessen my qualifications? I hope not.) I've seen many local businesses just posting pictures of a job or a random event in a way that I'm like ADD A BEFORE IMAGE. Put your logo on that thing; my mother can take better pictures. 

Design Lead: Not here yet, but one day. 

Teacher: I saw a Craigslist listing for someone looking to learn how to become a YouTuber in just a month. Made me think about how I would like to teach people. It also made me think about what he expects to get from Craigslist, but hey. We gotta learn from somewhere.

Comments

Popular Posts