Design Adventure - Part 1

"What am I trying to convey about myself through design?"

I struggle to think what I want people to see me as. I don't really care about my appearance; I just like being comfortable. This is not the case for my works though. I find joy in the challenges that a piece presents. I love when people can feel the effort I put in. 

I am inspired mainly by my extensive travels throughout the United States. The longest I've ever lived in one place was in New Jersey for my first 8 years of existence. Ever since, I've been constantly moving, in odd-numbered years. I never knew when it would happen, but it would never last longer than 4 years. Moving to a new place and constantly resetting made me become an observer. I didn't want to waste time making new friends just to never see them again. 

Design was my new effort. It started with wondering thoughts on how a thing was made. How could I remake it? The struggle of understanding something visually but not the method. I would learn a new medium each time I hit a wall. "I can't get this look this way; I must do something else." As I got older, I found myself incapable of stopping. If I burnt out, I would switch mediums. If I didn't make something one day, I would make double the next day. Even when I thought I hadn't done anything, I look back and see piles of work that I never shared.

I'm not perfect, but I know that I don't give up. If I can't do something today, I will force myself to learn and tackle it the next day. I have preferences that I stick to, but I am willing and capable of adapting. I like dark and muted colors. I like remaking things. I like video games. Most importantly, I like a challenge.



Extra Bit- I genuinely hate writing things or spelling things out. I think, looking at my last few posts, ya'll can see I avoided doing so. So this was EVIL.

Also, some people's challenges are different and may seem easy to you. We must keep this in mind and try not to be the guy to tell the sad person to stop being sad. (not targeting anyone in class, just something I remembered, and it's just an easy-to-understand example) 

Comments

Popular Posts