Pulse Title Sequence
Yello folks. Firstly, the premise. Pulse (Kario) is a Japanese horror movie that I fell in love with a few years ago. It's about internet ghosts, and despite how silly it is, they somehow did a great job.
Next, I start collecting shots. (I watched the movie twice) Taking a screenshot for all the "title bit feeling". Kinda hard to explain. I primarily aimed for shots that were similar.
As for my assignment, I had to make a title card. First thought was shots I loved in the movie with the cast name + movie director + music composer. I originally wanted to create a crazy glitch effect as well, but I scrapped that idea to be more aligned with the movie. That is, I wanted to make a title that felt seamless and didn't raise any alarm bells. I found the original soundtrack and surprisingly picked the title music.
Not even joking, I went through the soundtrack and picked the song that sounded easy to edit. (idk what any of this means man)
I had a list of possible text to show and timed it with the music. I separate it into 3 groups.
Cast group 1 (greenhouse crew)
Cast group 2 (college student)
Big boys (silly ik)
Next, I start collecting shots. (I watched the movie twice) Taking a screenshot for all the "title bit feeling". Kinda hard to explain. I primarily aimed for shots that were similar.
Many shots had people in them, so I took numerous screenshots to fill in the empty areas. There was a slight wiggle in the film (and grain), so I had to overlap some shots.


Comments
Post a Comment