Adobe Premiere Tutorials 1

Hello Everyone! This month's new class subject is video editing in Premiere. I have prior knowledge due to my hobbies before college, but I won't let that stop me from learning something new. So, for the tutorials I picked, I went for things I never messed with or did insufficiently. 

First one: CAPTIONS. Captions are an excellent way to be more inclusive and add "flair." I used to do them by hand for 
Every
Single
Line.
In this tutorial, I learned how to add auto captions and give them a unique look. Sometimes, it messes up the transcript, but it accomplishes about 90% of the work, which will speed up my work. Now, I need to learn how to make presets to animate it or add effects.

Next, I wanted to learn the new AUDIO ENHANCEMENT AI. With just two clicks, you can remove noise and balance audio. It's not perfect at the moment. I had an issue with it not liking screaming; however, I think I can see it working for a dirty first preview. I still recommend y'all not rely on AI to remove noise and try to reduce it as much as possible on set. I could go on about sound prep, but that's not what y'all are here for.

Lastly, COLOR GRADING. I rarely did color grading, as my prior work mostly involved editing video game footage. And if I did any image-based stuff, I kept the colors the same. I still have a lot to learn about color grading. Many online tutorials oversaturate the video and call it a day. Color matching AI was cool, but it misses the mark by a little too much for me to be comfortable with.
 
I applied all of this to an abandoned video I edited for someone. Please let me know what y'all think!




Comments

Popular Posts