Things I learn in Design 01
Grids are your friend. They help make your work more consistent, whether it's a drawing, page layout, composition, etc. A simple block grid can make the sizes of objects feel like a family or the rules of thirds. You don't always have to use the grid, but it's a good starting-off point. A great example is my Article 2 post where I started off being on the grid, and when the time called for it, I got off it.
This is all subjective, so take this with a grain of salt. I marked the main part where I decided to go off-grid. However, the grid was fundamental to reaching this point. Particularly regarding spacing, I kept the gutter in mind and used a minimum distance of one gutter space between paragraphs. The text is guided by the images to give it a bit of shape without being distracting (like a boolean on the grid [Blender reference]). In the pixel art, I applied the rule of thirds, whether for the moon or the rope texture blending.

Comments
Post a Comment