Void+Vinegar Cook Book
THIS WAS SO FUN. I WAS SPEED-RUNNING THIS, AND I DID IT. I made it in two days, and I took a break today to watch the Minecraft movie (it was awful). While making this, I was bored, so I tried to have fun by making it some kind of ARG. I made seventeen 3D renders with procedural pixel textures and much more. I DO NOT LIKE InDesign. It's been quite painful to use, with its many crashes and me not fully understanding the software. I was requested to post this as an epub, but I encountered many issues that were not helping. (Almost not making the deadline)
Issues mentioned include EPUB not being natively supported on Windows (causing me to go down a long rabbit hole). Once I downloaded e-book software, every time I exported the e-book (fixed layout), some of the pages would shift, or images would be offset from the text. I did export as pdf aswell but some of the effect would cause visual issues (ie the text glow would break and cause stripes, or invert/subtract not working for the cover) This mostly effected the cover so I ended up remaking it in photoshop to get the blur and invert working but I had some other pages with the glow that would just break aswell.
The recipes themself were written by chat-gpt; everything else was my friend and me making a story.
What is the main thing i learned? Work BIG, then make small (this was made at 600 dpi and rendered at 300) It looks better when downscaling and I have wiggle room to scale things up. Just got to keep in mine that 4 pixles will be turned into 1 with this method. (ie avoid making things smaller then 4 pixles and dont do this with pixle perfect stuff with this method)


























Comments
Post a Comment