Things I learn in Design 02

 This might seem strange, but I have learned when to step back from design. I have a tendency to arrange everything so that even without my glasses, I can still perceive the "flow". Whether it's a pattern or a main color (recently exploring the 60-30-10 rule). Ultimately, it all comes down to aesthetics and coherence. Comfort. 

But what if we don't want to do that?

What if we want to make the viewer uncomfortable?            

You can break a lot of rules to do that, and it's not hard.

we can make the text hard to read

make it small

S p a c i ng   t he    l  et ters  we  ird l y


I almost applied this fully to my V+V project, but I avoided it because it was my first introduction to class. A lot of these rule-breaking may come off as unseasoned . So keep it subtle. Here are some images of making things uncomfortable. (These were made in 5 seconds, so plz don't judge lol)


Breaking the rules of thirds 

Why is there so much space?

Why is she there?

I don't feel safe


Breaking the line of sight

If the guy was on the left of the frame, we would think, 'Oh, he is looking into the night.'

But no, we get a back shot.

Why are we behind this man?

What are we supposed to see?




Comments

Popular Posts