Creative Challenge 3
Today, we will be cooking with the creative exercises from week 17 of TGDS. I chose this because my last post inspired me to create more "album covers," and I rarely use the Liquify tool. In that same post, I used images from my friend's phone, which was on its last legs. So, I will be using the same image for this challenge.
I decided to make three variations so I can mix and match patterns. I ended up mostly using the glitch part at the bottom. I couldn't get over how silly the face was.
There isn't much to explain here, unlike my previous post. I got a strong metallic and ethereal vibe from the textures. I'm trying to create landscapes with flowing metal or cosmic rays. I aimed to make nine images so I can arrange them nicely together. I heavily used gradient masks; I think "Time Flies" was the only one where I used the original colors. "Metal Dunes" is my favorite; it gave me strong Tame Impala vibes. I think the hardest part of this challenge was coming up with names, but I did a great job in that area. I felt that many of them wouldn't have their names on the picture itself. I can't recall many album covers doing that. But yeah, that's basically it. I didn’t enjoy this as much as my other challenges, so I wouldn’t recommend this to you all. I like where I went with it, but just following the challenge step by step would put me to sleep.

Comments
Post a Comment